[This bug was found fixed on MIUI(8) dev (beta) v6.9.29]
Have you ever turned the MTP mode off by mistake? Well, Now we have a solution which doesn’t even require any third-party softwares to be installed on your Xiaomi MIUI Device.
Keywords/ questions related:
- No MTP mode on Xiaomi?
- I turned OFF MTP mode by mistake.
- I am not getting Media device USB option on my Xiaomi Redmi, Mi, Note Device.
- No USB Connection option on my Xiaomi device ?
[This method was tried on Redmi 2 with MIUI 8 and should work through most redmi devices]
- All Redmi Phones with MIUI6/7/8
- Some Note Series Phones with MIUI6/7/8
- All Mi series Phones with MIUI6/7/8
- This is how a MTP notification looks like.
- Suppose you turned off the MTP mode and plugged out the USB.
- You will get no MTP option again when you connect it to PC/Media device :(.
- Don’t panic, we have a trick for you to get it back.
[Keep your device connected to PC/Media device.]
- Simple go to Settings > About Phone and Tap MIUI Version ~7 times.
- Then scroll back to main settings area (or hit settings again from the notification shade) > additional settings > Developers Options
- Now Turn the USB Debugging ON
- You will be prompt to confirm your choice. > Touch OK.
- The moment you touch OK, the pop up for USB connection will Pop up.
- Now simply tap on it or
- Or tap on it from the notification shade and you will get to the Media Connection MODE (which you had lost)
- Now Happily tap to turn ON the MTP mode and Exit.
- You can go to Developers options and turn off the USB debugging if you want or even turn OFF the developers option.
- Now you know how to turn ON the MTP Mode again if you turned it OFF by mistake.